11 January 2012

15 pounds in 6 weeks...here goes nothin.

Well my friends as much as i love the holidays and food they were not kind to me this year! Haha. At family dinner we started this whiteboard where you write down your goals for the year. Everyone wrote down one and i got super ambitious and wrote "LOSE 15 LBS." yeah, thats right i wrote it in all caps! at the time i meant business. so i set out on the quest to lose those 15 extra buddies i've got hanging out on my belly. 


with the help of my friend Todd we set up a nice low carb diet for me to do. apparently like EVERYONE has done this diet. so i figured if everyone can do it so can kellie. this diet is practically no carbs which means what do i get to eat?! veggies and meat. (and sometimes legumes) yeah, so think about that for a bit.....that means NO BREAD!!! (and no dairy) AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! HEAVEN HELP ME!!! this is like the hardest thing of my life i am the queen of carbs and i loooove cheese!!!! its quite awful.


on the plus side i've alredy lost 4 pounds and its only been like three days. i attribute that to me drinking water like theres no tomorrow. i'm not gonna lie i'm starving!!!! ahhh!!! but in this diet you get one cheat day....oh cheat day i love you!!!


so if anyone has and good veggie/lean meat recipies pleeeeeeeeeeease let me know because i'm fairly sure that after a week i'll be sick of eating salads with grilled chicken. haha.


well as Jess would say....


The adventure begins!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Girl you should check out the paleo diet. It's low carb but you don't starve. I haven't been eating much carbs either and I miss bread. And candy.
Also, please make this recipe, it's seriously one of the best recipes I've ever made: http://deliciouslyorganic.net/baked-shrimp-with-fennel-and-feta-recipe/ and her general website is great for low carb business! You can do it!

Emily said...

Also, http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-kale-chips/

twitter

Blog Archive